Our Missions Committee helps us take specific action within the world and our own community. Internationally we support schools in Sierra Leone and fight hunger in developing countries. Locally, we support our schools, parks, and neighbors by lending hands, spreading the word, or raising money. In the past year we have:
- Hosted a coffeehouse for L’Arche, a faith based community for those with disabilities.
- Helped Cabbagetown residents after a tornado hit their community.
- Raised money for a school in Sierra Leone.
- Gotten our children involved in the Heifer Project to fight hunger in developing countries.
- Hosted a Pancake Supper (lots of fun) and a Possum Queen Festival (even more fun) in support of our Golden Age Center.
- Helped with tornado cleanup at Oakland Cemetery.